Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting really close now...

Time is running out! Or is it... I'm 5 days from my due date but I'm STILL not dilating! I'm stuck at a big fat zero. Cervix is shut tight as a clam! However, on the bright side, I am 70% effaced. So that's progress, right? So I guess the deal is, if I've not birthed the little fella before my appointment next week, my doctor will set up an induction date for 41 weeks. That's not exactly what I've had planned, but as long as he gets here someday, somehow, I'll be happy!

I was thinking today of what I'll miss about being pregnant. There aren't very many things, but I do think I'll miss feeling my little baby move inside me. He's running out of room, so he's not doing gymnastic feats like he used to, but he nudges around in there and tries to stretch himself out. I'll miss his hiccups, too. Almost every morning around 7 am after I've gone to the bathroom (I pretty much have a peeing schedule now) and crawled back into bed with Bodie, he gets the hiccups.

While we're waiting for the little guy, we've been busy tying up loose ends with Bodie's home business. We had two last photoshop classes that Bodie taught at our home that we got over with. And we've had three last photo shoots with couples and won't be doing any more until May. It's nice to feel like things are winding down.

We've also been having a lot of fun just "having fun". We put aside some money specifically for now so we could just hang out together and have lots of dates before the baby. We've been eating out several nights a week, going to movies, going shopping, etc. So much fun! We took a trip to Salt Lake with our best friends the Quilters and stayed the night in a hotel and played and went to Tucanos...yummmm.... We went to Baby Animal days at the Jensen Historical farm and loved all the little animals.

Just fun things like that to make memories and enjoy being alone for the last few weeks...

days...

hours...

how long before my little boy decides to make his big entrance??? :)

2 comments:

  1. I think little Brandon is just a bit nervous to make his entrance. I'm glad that we've been doing some fun little things before your life gets crazy!

    ReplyDelete