Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why I am calling this my Tea Shoppe

When I was a little girl I loved to have tea parties. The young ladies in the books I was reading always seemed to be drinking tea, demurely, sitting up straight and tall and talking quietly. I reveled in the genteel sound my little china cups made as I gently set them down in their china saucers. I peered primly over the edge of my cup as I engaged in lady-like conversation with my little sister. We spoke of our invented sisters, of pretended intrigues, and shook our heads mournfully over domestic troubles with servants. This, of course, was only one part of my childhood--after we had had enough of propriety we often tore out the back door and got thoroughly dirty. But my interest in pretty china things and quiet little conversations has stayed with me through the years and I have kept the love for tea parties. Someday when I am old and rich (ha!) I want to have a little Tea Shoppe/Library (it's my dream, I can combine whatever I want!) where people can come and have a little sip of something sweet and munch crumbs onto the pages of their books. Until then, I collect tea sets and books. :)

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fine dream. I too love collecting and reading books. When your shop opens, I'll be first in line to loiter around - overextending my welcome - sipping an Italian soda, and reading a classic novel. I think clinging to our childhood aspirations is the secret of youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name and the reason behind it. Someday when you are coming down this way we should go to a great little tea room in Farmington called Teas n' You. Caite and I love it, it transports me right back to that stage of girlhood with dress ups and tea parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a child after my own heart! Those were the things I loved too. So glad you married my son! --Your Other Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool your mind keep healthy

    try grat tea:black tea green tea loose tea

    www.myteashoppe.com

    ReplyDelete